Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kothimira roti pachadi/Cilantro Chutney

 Kothimirra pachadi is one more Andhra special.Piping hot rice,kothimirra pachadi brings back my childhood memories.My grandma used to make it This chutney seems to liven the taste buds on your tongue especially when you are bored with the nonspicy food.
This chutney is very hot.So be careful adding the greenchillies.If you cannot eat too spicy,reduce the green chillies.
Fresh cilantro/Kothimira
Ingredients:

Clinatro leaves -washed and pat dry with a tissue-one bunch

Greenchillies -10-12

Tamarindpaste 1 tablespoon

Sugar 1 teaspoon

 Heat a pan with a teaspoon oil,and saute the green chilies.Till they loose there raw flavour.Take in a mixie jar,the clinatro leaves,the sauted green chillies,tamarindpaste and 2 teaspoons salt.Run the mixie till the contents are well grinded.Add sugar ,cumin seeds and the garlic clove and run the mixie again.We add the cumin seeds to the end because we have to make sure that cumin seeds are not grinded too much .We want them to be coarsedly grinded . Adjust the salt accordingly.The sugar is added to balance the hotness of the green chillies.So we have to be careful not to add too much sugar,which may make the chutney sweet.Heat the pan and take a teaspoon oil add mustard seeds,chanadal,cumin seeds,and red chillie pieces...when the mustard seeds start to splutter add the curry leaves and add the tempring to the chutney.Serve with hot rice.



1 comment:

vennela said...

I'm not so good with kothimmera pachadi. I'll try your recipe with sugar which I never thought of adding. I wish I could eat it spicy and enjoy the yumminess, but I can't. So I'll have to reduce some of the chillies...
Thank you Rachana for this Andhra special :)